[Spanish flaw-res for 1; flawr-is, -eez, flohr- for 2; Portuguese flaw-rish for 3]
- Juan Jo·sé [hwahn haw-se] /ʰwɑn hɔˈsɛ/, 1800–64, Ecuadorian general and statesman: president 1830–35, 1839–45.
- one of the Lesser Sunda Islands in Indonesia, separated from Sulawesi by the Flores Sea. 7753 sq. mi. (20,080 sq. km).
- the westernmost island of the Azores, in the N Atlantic. 55 sq. mi. (142 sq. km).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an island in Indonesia, one of the Lesser Sunda Islands, between the Flores Sea and the Savu Sea: mountainous, with active volcanoes and unexplored forests. Chief town: Ende. Area: 17 150 sq km (6622 sq miles)
- (Portuguese ˈflorɪʃ) an island in the Atlantic, the westernmost of the Azores. Chief town: Santa Cruz. Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)