- a native or inhabitant of Kansas.
- Geology. the Kansan Stage.
- of or relating to the state of Kansas.
- Geology. of or relating to the second stage of the Pleistocene glaciation of North America.
Origin of Kansan
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for kansan
On all sides could be heard the slightly-drawling speech of the Kansan.A Spoil of Office
"Take a survey," directed the Kansan, with a sweep of his hand.
"Here are some gents what are looking for you, Merry," called the Kansan.
Only one Kansan has made a speech that thrilled the world and is immortal.John Brown, Soldier of Fortune
Hill Peebles Wilson
Three species of Kansan birds can be placed in this category (Table 1).The Breeding Birds of Kansas
Richard F. Johnston
- a native or inhabitant of Kansas
- of or relating to Kansas or its inhabitants