- the next world; the hereafter; heaven.
- Informal. a place or future time seemingly very remote: You could keep it up till kingdom come.
Origin of kingdom come
Examples from the Web for kingdom come
Historical Examples of kingdom come
What is the use of a straw hat and smoked spectacles in kingdom-come?Queen Sheba's Ring
H. Rider Haggard
He says he could drive them to Kingdom-Come and they would not turn their hair.Villa Rubein and Other Stories
They can wash to kingdom-come and back again for what I care.The Rainbow
D. H. (David Herbert) Lawrence
Them are the boys that marched to Kingdom-Come ahead of us, but we keep fallin' in line.One-Act Plays
Tell him he'll be everlasting blasted in kingdom-come if he don't act clean and hold on.Joyce of the North Woods
Harriet T. Comstock
- the next world; life after death
- informal the end of the world (esp in the phrase until kingdom come)
- informal unconsciousness or death