- king's rook.
- krona; kronor.
- króna; krónur.
- krone; kroner.
- (in Sweden and the Faeroe Islands) krona; kronor.
- (in Iceland) króna; krónur.
- (in Denmark and Norway) krone; kroner.
Examples from the Web for kr
Historical Examples of kr
How did she first come to the Caves of Kr, and what was her real religion?She
H. Rider Haggard
In winter the proprietor gives balls in these apartments, charging 20 kr.Visit to Iceland
Beginning of seventeenth century (Imperial letters)—Reichs thaler recognised at 90 kr.The History of Currency, 1252 to 1896
William Arthur Shaw
Carbuncle, kr′bung-kl, n. a fiery-red precious stone: an inflamed ulcer: a pimple on the nose.
Carmine, kr′mīn, n. the red colouring principle obtained from the cochineal insect.
- Republic of Korea
- king's rook
- The symbol for the elementkrypton
- The symbol for krypton.
- A colorless, odorless element in the noble gas group. It is used in certain fluorescent lamps and photographic flash lamps. Atomic number 36; atomic weight 83.80; melting point -156.6°C; boiling point -152.30°C; density 3.73 grams per liter (0°C). See Periodic Table.