- Kansas (approved especially for use with zip code).
- the eleventh letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any sound represented by the letter K or k, as in bilk, kit, or sick.
- something having the shape of a K.
- a written or printed representation of the letter K or k.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter K or k.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ks
His health improved, the KS lesions faded and Strub bought a home in Pennsylvania.
He began chemotherapy and took drugs to combat the KS, which made him feel sick.
If you begin with “H,” there are two “Ks” and an “H” at the end.Eight Epic Chanukah Songs, From Sandler to ‘South Park’
December 8, 2012
KS: There is such a follow-up question to all that I want to ask you.
KS: So did you fall in love with Sam as you read his script?
X begins no English word: it has the sound of ks, as axle, extraneous.A Grammar of the English Tongue
This (they say) is confest by one Lambe a notorious old rascall that was condemned the last sommer at the Ks.The Curious Case of Lady Purbeck
In both these instances its chief phonetic element appears to be the guttural sound k, or ks.Day Symbols of the Maya Year
By the 1st of April 1,300 refugees had gathered around Wyandotte, Ks.History of the Negro Race in America from 1619 to 1880. Vol. 2 (of 2)
George Washington Williams
I merely mention that the patronymics ending in kins got abbreviated into kiss, and kes, and ks.Curiosities of Puritan Nomenclature
Charles W. Bardsley
- Kyrgyzstan (international car registration)
- Abbreviation of kelvin
- The symbol for potassium.