- a camp or encampment, especially within a protective circle of wagons.
- to arrange or encamp in a laager.
Origin of laager
Examples from the Web for laager
Historical Examples of laager
There are said to be several commandos in laager on the Border.
The Mayor's wife, with her two children, was an inmate of the Women's Laager.
"Come, let us see about the waggons," and we walked towards the laager.
"Then hold a light so that I can see how to climb into the laager," he said.
Forward they sped straight to the laager, striving to force a way in.
- (in Africa) a camp, esp one defended by a circular formation of wagons
- military a place where armoured vehicles are parked
- to form (wagons) into a laager
- (tr) to park (armoured vehicles) in a laager