- an ancient country in the S part of Greece. Capital: Sparta.
- a city in central New Hampshire.
Examples from the Web for laconian
Historical Examples of laconian
No one, I take it, will dispute the splendour, the perfection of the Laconian constitution.
Or is it on these Laconian friends of yours that you pride yourselves?
At the date of Mnasippus's death he chanced to be off Sphagiae in Laconian territory.
At the same time they were careful not to set foot on Laconian soil for the purposes of war.
Will you leave each of the Laconian towns its separate autonomy?Historic Tales, vol 10 (of 15)
- a native or inhabitant of Laconia, the ancient Greek country of which Sparta was the capital
- of or relating to Laconia or its inhabitants
- an ancient country of S Greece, in the SE Peloponnese, of which Sparta was the capital: corresponds to the present-day department of Lakonia