- producing or secreting milk: lactiferous glands.
- conveying milk or a milky fluid: lactiferous ducts.
Origin of lactiferous
Examples from the Web for lactiferous
Historical Examples of lactiferous
The most characteristic structure, however, and that by which chicory can be easily identified, is the lactiferous tissue.
Let me curr to quercine shades Effund your albid hausts, lactiferous maids!The Autocrat of the Breakfast-Table
Oliver Wendell Holmes
In some cinchona bark a system of lactiferous vessels is found between the liber and mesophlum.
- producing, conveying, or secreting milk or a milky fluidlactiferous ducts
- botany containing latex; laticiferous
Word Origin for lactiferous
- Producing, secreting, or conveying milk.