[lam-doid or lam-doid-l]
- having the shape of the Greek capital lambda.
Origin of lambdoid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for lambdoid
Behind the wound of exit comminution of the parietal bone, extending back to the lambdoid suture, existed.
Entry (Mauser), through the lambdoid suture on the right side of the mid line.
- having the shape of the Greek letter lambda
- of or denoting the suture near the back of the skull between the occipital and parietal bones
C16: via French from Greek lambdoeidēs
- Having the shape of the Greek letter lambda.
- Relating to the deeply serrated suture.