- noting or relating to traditional print and broadcast media, when regarded as lacking the fairness, creativity, etc., of independent online news sources.
- noting or relating to a person or thing that has achieved mainstream popularity but is perceived as no longer original, creative, etc.
- traditional print and broadcast media, when regarded as lacking fairness, creativity, etc.: The lamestream has suppressed information about the suicides.
Origin of lamestream
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for lamestream
Contemporary Examples of lamestream
Or was her dip into the "lamestream media" another showcase of her polarizing stature?Poll Question: Palin on the Today Show: How Did She Fare?
April 3, 2012
- the traditional media such as newspapers, television, and radio, considered by some people as old-fashioned and gullible when compared to online news sources such as blogs
- (as modifier)the lamestream media
Word Origin for lamestream
C21: from lame 1 (sense 5) + mainstream
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012