- Susanne (Knauth) [knout] /knaʊt/, 1895–1985, U.S. philosopher.
Examples from the Web for langer
Contemporary Examples of langer
The Thieves of Manhattanby Adam Langer Langer turns his dark humor on the warped world of modern publishing.This Week's Hot Reads
The Daily Beast
July 21, 2010
Historical Examples of langer
He that fa's in a gutter, the langer he lies the dirtier he is.The Proverbs of Scotland
A geologist came to luncheon, Professor Langer, a naturalised German.
It is your advanced thinkers, men like Langer and his colleagues.
And as for his sermons, theyre jist like a dogs tail, the langer the smaer.Norman Macleod
Why a, then, I'll mebbe say yes, when t' days is langer and t' weather's warmer!George Cruikshank's Omnibus
- another word for penis
- derogatory a disagreeable person
Word Origin for langer
- Bernhard (ˈbɛrnhart). born 1957, German professional golfer: won the US Masters Championship (1985, 1993)
- a Scot word for long 1
- Cosmo Gordon, 1st Baron Lang of Lambeth. 1864–1945, British churchman; archbishop of Canterbury (1928–42)
- Fritz. 1890–1976, Austrian film director, later in the US, most notable for his silent films, such as Metropolis (1926), M (1931), and The Testament of Dr. Mabuse (1932)
- Jack (John Thomas). 1876–1975, controversial Labor premier of New South Wales from 1925–27 and from 1930–32, who introduced much social welfare legislation and was dismissed by the governor, Sir Philip Game, in 1932 for acting unconstitutionally