- a seaport on NE Gran Canaria, in the central Canary Islands.
or Grand Ca·nar·y
[grahn kah-nah-ryah or grand kuh-nair-ee]
- one of the Canary Islands, in the central part. 650 sq. mi. (1685 sq. km). Capital: Las Palmas.
- Las. Las Palmas.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the Spanish name for Grand Canary
- a port in the central Canary Islands, on NE Grand Canary: a major fuelling port on the main shipping route between Europe and South America. Pop: 377 600 (2003 est)
- a city in N Brazil, capital of Tocantins state. Pop: 391 000 (2005 est)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012