- most recent; current: latest fashions.
- the latest, the most recent news, development, disclosure, etc.: This is the latest in personal computers.
- at the latest, not any later than (a specified time): Be at the airport by 7 o'clock at the latest.
Origin of latest
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for latestsenthusiasm, mania, passion, furor, comment, word, advice, speech, scandal, news, rumor, announcement, leak, discovery, epiphany, tone, look, form, trend, pattern
- the superlative of late
- most recent, modern, or newthe latest fashions
- at the latest no later than the time specified
- the latest informal the most recent fashion or development
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
superlative of late. The latest "the news" attested from 1886.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper