- the state or quality of being in conformity with the law; lawfulness.
- attachment to or observance of law.
- Usually legalities. a duty or obligation imposed by law.
- Theology. reliance on good works for salvation rather than on free grace.
Origin of legality
Synonyms for legality
Related Words for legalitiesvalidity, justice, right, authority, lawfulness, permissibility, constitutionality
Examples from the Web for legalities
Contemporary Examples of legalities
Classes ranged from the legalities and safety of urban exploration to site design and event documentation.A Most Illegal Adventure with New York City’s Wildest Underground Event Planners
December 16, 2013
Legalities aside, it is shockingly irresponsible to just walk off the job—never mind that he was walking on the wild side.Sanford's Dereliction of Duty Trumps His Hypocrisy
June 24, 2009
Historical Examples of legalities
These gods, with their moralities and legalities and intellectual subtlety, will go under and be starved out of existence.The Perfect Wagnerite
George Bernard Shaw
- the state or quality of being legal or lawful
- adherence to legal principles
mid-15c., from Middle French légalité, from Medieval Latin legalitatem (nominative legalitas), from Latin legalis "pertaining to the law" (see legal).