- the legislature of France 1791–92.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the bicameral legislature in 28 states of the US
- the lower chamber of the bicameral state legislatures in several Commonwealth countries, such as Australia
- the unicameral legislature in most Canadian provinces
- any assembly with legislative powers
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012