- Lil·li [lil-ee] /ˈlɪl i/, 1848–1929, German operatic soprano.
- Lot·te [law-tuh] /ˈlɔ tə/, 1888–1976, German operatic soprano in the U.S.
Examples from the Web for lehmann
Contemporary Examples of lehmann
I understand that he may even have failed at first to understand the meaning of the Lehmann Brothers collapse.The Unlikely Hero
October 13, 2008
Historical Examples of lehmann
See the discussion (and passages) in Lehmann's Shamash-shumukin, pp. 43 seq.The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria
The amount likely to be dissolved in practice has been investigated by Lehmann.Poisons: Their Effects and Detection
Alexander Wynter Blyth
When Easter told her of Lehmann's suggestion Madame was amazed.Painted Veils
He agrees with you about my going to Lehmann, if she'll take me.Song of the Lark
Madame Lehmann's feats of memory have more than once created a sensation.Stars of the Opera
- Lilli (ˈlɪlɪ). 1848–1929, German soprano
- Lotte (ˈlɒtə). 1888–1976, US soprano, born in Germany
- Rosamond (Nina). 1903–90, British novelist. Her books include Dusty Answer (1927), Invitation to the Waltz (1932), and The Echoing Grove (1953)