- a member of a people of Sikkim and adjacent areas of Nepal, Bhutan, and India.
- the Tibeto-Burman language of the Lepcha.
Examples from the Web for lepcha
Historical Examples of lepcha
The colonel informed me that the Lepcha language is very copious, expressive and beautiful, abounding largely in metaphor.
He spoke the Lepcha dialect with an indescribable softening of the gutturals.The Works of Rudyard Kipling: One Volume Edition
The Lepcha is an arrant coward, but a born naturalist, and has a name for every shrub and plant in Sikkim.Forty Thousand Miles Over Land and Water
Lady (Ethel Gwendoline [Moffatt]) Vincent
- plural -cha or -chas a member of a Mongoloid people of Sikkim
- the language of this people, belonging to the Tibeto-Burman branch of the Sino-Tibetan family
- of or relating to this people or their language