- of or relating to Lithuania, its inhabitants, or their language.
- a native or inhabitant of Lithuania.
- a Baltic language, the official language of Lithuania.
Origin of Lithuanian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for lithuanian
In 2013, he was honored with the Lithuanian National Prize for his contribution to the arts.How the Actor Donatas Banionis Inspired Vladimir Putin to Become a Spy
September 5, 2014
Lithuanian authorities are trying to extradite him for allegedly looting their collapsed bank Snoras, which he denies.Russian Corruption is Poisoning Britain
April 4, 2013
As I write, Lithuanian politics are convulsed by allegations of vote buying by one of its political parties.America's Disgraceful Voting System
November 5, 2012
The lands of Lithuanian and Ruthenian speech were never conquered by Poland.Notes on Life and Letters
The other like that of the Lithuanian maid, "Shall I soon be married?"A History of Nursery Rhymes
Percy B. Green
Sire, I was born a Lithuanian, and I have only a few years to live.Kosciuszko
Monica Mary Gardner
Here on the farms there were wiser fathers than the Lithuanian.Children of the Tenements
Jacob A. Riis
Keistut represented the revival of the Lithuanian nationality.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Lithuania, its people, or their language
- the official language of Lithuania: belonging to the Baltic branch of the Indo-European family
- a native or inhabitant of Lithuania