- a former Russian province on the Baltic: now part of Latvia and Estonia.
- a city in SE Michigan, near Detroit.
Examples from the Web for livonian
Historical Examples of livonian
A similar one is in the Livonian collection of the British Museum.Ancient Armour and Weapons in Europe
It is known as Livish or Livonian and is allied to Esthonian.
He again approached the young Livonian, and holding out his hand: "Sister," said he.
Michael Strogoff and the young Livonian had taken a passage on board the Caucasus.
The remembrance of the young Livonian girl suddenly rushed into his mind.
- of or relating to Livonia, a former Russian Baltic province, or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Livonia
- a former Russian province on the Baltic, north of Lithuania: became Russian in 1721; divided between Estonia and Latvia in 1918
- a city in SE Michigan, west of Detroit. Pop: 99 487 (2003 est)