- a former Russian province on the Baltic: now part of Latvia and Estonia.
- a city in SE Michigan, near Detroit.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for livonian
A similar one is in the Livonian collection of the British Museum.Ancient Armour and Weapons in Europe
It is known as Livish or Livonian and is allied to Esthonian.
Was he thinking of the young Livonian girl who had been his traveling companion?
He again approached the young Livonian, and holding out his hand: "Sister," said he.
Michael Strogoff and the young Livonian had taken a passage on board the Caucasus.
- of or relating to Livonia, a former Russian Baltic province, or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Livonia
- a former Russian province on the Baltic, north of Lithuania: became Russian in 1721; divided between Estonia and Latvia in 1918
- a city in SE Michigan, west of Detroit. Pop: 99 487 (2003 est)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012