[loh-gee-on, -jee-, log-ee-]
- a traditional saying or maxim, as of a religious teacher.
- (sometimes initial capital letter) Biblical Criticism.
- a saying of Jesus, especially one contained in collections supposed to have been among the sources of the present Gospels.
- a saying included in the agrapha.
Origin of logion
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a saying of Christ regarded as authenticSee also logia
C16: from Greek: a saying, oracle, from logos word
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012