- a brand of machine for casting slugs from matrices handset in a composing stick.
- a town in S Salop, in W England: agricultural market center.
- a town in S Massachusetts.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ludlow
One of the men he morphs into is Ludlow, a notorious local criminal played by Method Man.Method Man Talks Wu-Tang Clan Reunion, Fake Rappers, and the Suge Knight Shooting
September 15, 2014
The ancient priory of Austin Friars was at Ludlow, but is obliterated.England, Picturesque and Descriptive
Well, you 're not likely to be troubled with another recognition from him, Ludlow.
Mr. Trover's guests were our acquaintances Stocmar and Ludlow Paten.
"You are always the slave of some especial delusion, Ludlow," said Stocmar, quietly.
Remember, too, Ludlow, that what I ask of you I do not ask from your generosity.
- trademark a machine for casting type from matrices set by hand, used esp for headlines
- a market town in W central England, in Shropshire: castle (11th–16th century). Pop: 9548 (2001)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012