- Lake, a lake in S Sweden, extending W from Stockholm. 440 sq. mi. (1140 sq. km).
Swedish Mä·lar·en [me-lah-ruh n] /ˈmɛ lɑ rən/.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Lake Mälaren a lake in S Sweden, extending 121 km (75 miles) west from Stockholm, where it joins with an inlet of the Baltic Sea (the Saltsjön). Area: 1140 sq km (440 sq miles)Also called: Mälar (ˈmeɪlə)
- of or relating to the cheek or cheekbone
- Also called: malar bone another name for zygomatic bone
C18: from New Latin mālāris, from Latin māla jaw
- Of or relating to the cheekbone or the cheek.
- The cheekbone.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.