- not satisfied or content with currently prevailing conditions or circumstances.
- dissatisfied with the existing government, administration, system, etc.
- a malcontent person, especially one who is chronically discontented or dissatisfied.
Origin of malcontent
Synonyms for malcontentSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for malcontentcomplaining, discontented, disgruntled, unhappy, unsatisfied, belly-aching
Examples from the Web for malcontent
Historical Examples of malcontent
In politics, for example, he may be a malcontent; in religion an heretic.
Where could be a better man for the purposes of a malcontent prince?The Chronicles of Count Antonio
Every malcontent in Paris knew that Napoleon held the key of the situation.Talleyrand
The count was betrayed into the hands of his rival by some malcontent nobles.Female Warriors, Vol. I (of 2)
Ellen C. Clayton
The description that the malcontent gives of himself in iii.The Works of John Marston
- disgusted or discontented
- a person who is malcontent