- a liquid bitumen used in ancient times as a mortar or waterproofing agent.
- any of various natural mixtures of bituminous hydrocarbons.
- a viscous mineral liquid or semiliquid bitumen; a mineral tar.
Origin of maltha
Examples from the Web for maltha
Historical Examples of maltha
The flow of gas was so heavy that it clogged his drills with maltha and sand, and from then to now the gas has been escaping.The New North
Agnes Deans Cameron
Heineccius and others relate that maltha also was employed for seals.
This Order is the same as that of Maltha, and is only separated from it since Luther.The Memoirs of Charles-Lewis, Baron de Pollnitz, Volume III
Karl Ludwig von Pllnitz
- another name for mineral tar
- any of various naturally occurring mixtures of hydrocarbons, such as ozocerite