- the first son of Joseph. Gen. 41:51.
- the tribe of Israel traditionally descended from him. Gen. 48:14–19.
- a king of Judah of the 7th century b.c. II Kings 21.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for manasseh
In the house of Manasseh, the father of Joseph, there were great rejoicings.Dreamers of the Ghetto
Manasseh, Hezekiah's successor, pursued the opposite policy.History of Religion
"That place is already engaged, sir," said Manasseh, quietly.
"The Palazzo Cagliari," remarked Manasseh, but without any significant emphasis.
When Manasseh returned with the French ladies he sought the lawyer.
- the elder son of Joseph (Genesis 41:51)
- the Israelite tribe descended from him
- the territory of this tribe, in the upper Jordan valley
Douay spelling: Manases (məˈnæsiːz)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012