- having, caused by, or like the mange.
- contemptible; mean: a mangy trick.
- squalid; shabby: a mangy little suburb.
Origin of mangy
Related Words for mangydecrepit, dirty, impoverished, indigent, mean, moth-eaten, poor, shabby, shoddy, sick, sleazy, squalid, tattered, ragtag
Examples from the Web for mangy
Historical Examples of mangy
We'll show 'em that we won't be bothered any longer with their mangy wars.The Downfall
He had goggling, bloodshot eyes, mangy moustaches, and a broken nose.Masterpieces of Mystery
No trace of her passing on the hard earth with its mangy growth of grass.The Duke Of Chimney Butte
G. W. Ogden
So fine a fellow, and so mangy a following, it would be hard to find.
His practice was to wear on his head, in that tropical climate, a mangy fur cap.Falk
- having or caused by mangea mangy dog
- scruffy or shabbya mangy carpet
- Irish informal stingy or miserlya mangy reward