- a province in central Canada. 246,512 sq. mi. (638,466 sq. km). Abbreviation: Man. Capital: Winnipeg.
- Lake, a lake in the S part of this province. 120 miles (195 km) long; 1817 sq. mi. (4705 sq. km).
Examples from the Web for manitoban
Historical Examples of manitoban
But by that time we knew too well her distaste for Manitoban methods to believe in the sincerity of this sudden conversion.
Springing like a panther into the medley, he pulled off and pushed off the assailants, and embraced the Manitoban with both arms.The Red River Half-Breed
- a native or inhabitant of Manitoba
- of or relating to Manitoba or its inhabitants
- a province of W Canada: consists of prairie in the southwest, with extensive forests in the north and tundra near Hudson Bay in the northeast. Capital: Winnipeg. Pop: 1 170 268 (2004 est). Area: 650 090 sq km (251 000 sq miles)Abbreviation: MB
- Lake Manitoba a lake in W Canada, in S Manitoba: fed by the outflow from Lake Winnipegosis; drains into Lake Winnipeg. Area: 4706 sq km (1817 sq miles)
Canadian province, named for the lake, which was named for an island in the lake; from Algonquian manitou "great spirit."