- KatherineKathleen Beauchamp Murry, 1888–1923, English short-story writer.
- Michael JosephMike, 1903–2001, U.S. politician: senator 1953–77.
- Richard,1857–1907, U.S. actor, born in Germany.
- Mount, a mountain in N Vermont: highest peak of the Green Mountains, 4393 feet (1339 meters).
- a city in W Nottinghamshire, in central England.
- a city in N Ohio.
- a town in N Connecticut.
- a town in SE Massachusetts.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for mansfield
The neighboring Mansfield has magnificent stone cliffs and a variety of hikes ranging in difficulty.A Healthy Dose of Vermont: Soaking Up Fall in the Mountains of Stowe
November 8, 2013
I was driving to a job in Mansfield, Massachusetts, that was making me slightly crazy.Nicholson Baker: How I Write
September 11, 2013
Several hours later, The Daily Beast published an op-ed from contributor Mansfield Frazier, a former convict.We Got It Wrong
The Daily Beast
August 23, 2013
Mansfield Frazier on the coming blow to race relations in the U.S.The Trayvon Circus Begins—Why It Could Get Ugly
June 24, 2013
Mansfield Frazier on how the genre just hit an ugly, new low.The Saddest Reality Stars of All: Prisoners
May 19, 2013
Judge Coffinberry is a native of Mansfield, Ohio, having been born in that town in 1818.Cleveland Past and Present
Mansfield owed nothing to his noble relations, who were poor and uninfluential.Self-Help
Meade gave back, back—and then Mansfield came in thunder to reinforce the blue.The Long Roll
The hat started; Pontifex drew a stranger; so did Mansfield.
“More row than ever this year,” said Mansfield, as he followed Cresswell into his study.
- a town in central England, in W Nottinghamshire: former coal-mining and cotton-textiles industries. Pop: 69 987 (2001)
- Katherine, real name Kathleen Mansfield Beauchamp. 1888–1923, British writer, born in New Zealand, noted for her short stories, such as those in Bliss (1920) and The Garden Party (1922)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012