or Mas·so·rete, Mas·o·rite
- one of the writers or compilers of the Masorah.
- a person who is versed in the Masorah.
Origin of Masorete
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a variant spelling of Masorete
Massorete Masorite (ˈmæsəˌraɪt)
- a member of the school of rabbis that produced the Masora
- a Hebrew scholar who is expert in the Masora
C16: from Hebrew māsōreth Masora
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012