- of or relating to the mastoid process.
- resembling a breast or nipple.
- the mastoid process.
Origin of mastoid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for mastoids
Historical Examples of mastoids
The skull of the female oregonensis is more heavily ridged and is relatively broader across the mastoids than that of effera.American Weasels
E. Raymond Hall
The slenderness is especially noticeable in the breadth across the zygomata, mastoids, and rostrum.
- shaped like a nipple or breast
- designating or relating to a nipple-like process of the temporal bone behind the ear
- the mastoid process
- informal mastoiditis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The mastoid process.
- Of or relating to the mastoid process, antrum, or sinuses.
- Shaped like a breast or nipple.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.