- of or characterized by melanosis.
- resembling melanin; darkish.
Origin of melanoid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for melanoidjet, slate, onyx, coal, sable, pitch, brunet, ebony, clouded, charcoal, sloe, obsidian, raven, jetty, dingy, dusky, livid, murky, shadowy, somber
- resembling melanin; dark coloured
- characterized by or resembling melanosis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of or related to melanin; black-pigmented.
- Of or affected with melanosis.
- A dark pigment that resembles melanin, formed from the glucosamines in chitin.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.