- Robert King,1910–2003, U.S. sociologist.
- Thomas,1915–68, U.S. poet and religious writer, born in France.
- a borough of Greater London, England.
Examples from the Web for merton
Contemporary Examples of merton
“She was the closest thing I felt like I had to a daughter,” Merton told The Daily Beast on Sunday.
That Brayden will not get to grow up with his big sister is perhaps what hurts the Engels the most, Merton said.
Merton said that on Friday, Olivia had been excited to get home from school and make a gingerbread house.
Historical Examples of merton
Mr. Merton was too sensible to pursue that thought further for the present.
Mrs. Merton had undertaken the duties that appertain to the "hissing urn."
Evelyn now stood within the library of which Mrs. Merton had spoken.
Miss Merton was moved and surprised by Evelyn's earnestness.
Mrs. Merton kissed her cheek, and smiled kindly on her, but said little.
- a borough in SW Greater London. Pop: 191 400 (2003 est). Area: 38 sq km (15 sq miles)
- Thomas (Feverel). 1915–68, US writer, monk, and mystic; noted esp for his autobiography The Seven Storey Mountain (1948)