- the technique or science of working or heating metals so as to give them certain desired shapes or properties.
- the technique or science of making and compounding alloys.
- the technique or science of separating metals from their ores.
Origin of metallurgy
Examples from the Web for metallurgist
Historical Examples of metallurgist
Both the mineralogist and metallurgist touch the problem but they do not cover it.The Economic Aspect of Geology
C. K. Leith
There is known to the writer an expert mineralogist and metallurgist.The Young Farmer: Some Things He Should Know
Thomas Forsyth Hunt
Hollingwood, the metallurgist, appeared, dragging with him the detector.The Judas Valley
On the 9th, aged 52, Paul Heroult, a distinguished French metallurgist and engineer.The Annual Register 1914
Dick Fulsom, metallurgist, had already lost his life that way.The Sphere of Sleep
Chester S. Geier
- the scientific study of the extraction, refining, alloying, and fabrication of metals and of their structure and properties
- The scientific study and technology of extracting metals from ores, refining them for use, and creating alloys and useful objects from them.