- Also me·tam·er·al [muh-tam-er-uh l] /məˈtæm ər əl/. Zoology.
- consisting of metameres.
- pertaining to metamerism.
- Chemistry. of, relating to, or characteristic of metamerism.
Origin of metameric
Examples from the Web for metameric
Historical Examples of metameric
In Cartilaginous ganoids the only indications of metameric segmentation are found in the neural and haemal arches.The Vertebrate Skeleton
Sidney H. Reynolds
Gegenbaur's evertebral part—the region of the olfactory and optic nerves—which cannot be referred to any metameric segmentation.The Origin of Vertebrates
Walter Holbrook Gaskell
Remarkable for the adhesion of incomplete fission-products in a metameric series.
It is important to notice that the metameric plan of growth of Chaetopods is still preserved.
- divided into or consisting of metameresSee also metamerism (def. 1)
- of or concerned with metamerism