- an instrument for executing extremely minute writing or engraving.
- Optics. a photograph taken through a microscope or a drawing of an object as seen through a microscope.
Origin of micrograph
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a photograph or drawing of an object as viewed through a microscope
- an instrument or machine for producing very small writing or engraving
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A drawing or photographic reproduction of an object as viewed through a microscope.
- An instrument for measuring minute movements by recording photographically corresponding movements registered by a diaphragm moving in unison with the original object.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- A drawing or photograph taken from an image formed by a microscope.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.