- of, relating to, or characteristic of the middle portion (about 1850 to 1890) of the reign of Queen Victoria (reigned 1837–1901) in England: mid-Victorian writers.
- a person, as a writer, belonging to the mid-Victorian time.
- a person of mid-Victorian tastes, standards, ideas, etc.
Origin of mid-Victorian
Examples from the Web for mid-victorian
Historical Examples of mid-victorian
The very sight of the Mid-Victorian furniture gave him confidence.The Strange Case of Mortimer Fenley
They were square, capable shoulders, with no mid-Victorian droop about them.The Trail of the Hawk
In the mid-Victorian red plush of his club, too, he is comfortable.The Merry-Go-Round
Carl Van Vechten
“Your style always was distinctly mid-Victorian,” Jimmie murmured.Turn About Eleanor
Ethel M. Kelley
Specimen of mid-Victorian abode—entrance, one shilling, with catalogue.The Forsyte Saga, Volume III.
- British history of or relating to the middle period of the reign of Queen Victoria (1837–1901)
- a person of the mid-Victorian era