- water containing dissolved mineral salts or gases, especially such water considered healthful to drink.
- mineral waters, British.
- carbonated water; soda water.
- artificially flavored, bottled soft drinks; soda pop.
Origin of mineral water
Examples from the Web for mineral water
Historical Examples of mineral water
In the case of glass it is usually a mineral-water bottle which bursts.
Now it has two, and not flourishing in these tea- and mineral-water drinking days.A Shepherd's Life
W. H. Hudson
The latter was somewhat marred for us by the discovery that the mineral-water opener had been forgotten.Diplomatic Days
An excellent white sulphur water is procured from artesian wells about 800 ft. deep, and there is a mineral-water bath house.
There is, however, evidence enough around the springs to show that the mineral-water is precipitated with great rapidity.Wonders of the Yellowstone
- water containing dissolved mineral salts or gases, usually having medicinal properties
- Naturally occurring or prepared water that contains dissolved mineral salts, elements, or gases, and is often used therapeutically.