- a state in the N central United States. 84,068 sq. mi. (217,735 sq. km). Capital: St. Paul. Abbreviation: MN (for use with zip code), Minn.
- a river flowing SE from the W border of Minnesota into the Mississippi near St. Paul. 332 miles (535 km) long.
Examples from the Web for minnesotan
Contemporary Examples of minnesotan
Weber was an early endorser of fellow Minnesotan Tim Pawlenty in the 2012 GOP presidential primaries.Vin Weber, Top Romney Adviser, Lobbying for Ukraine Group
July 12, 2012
Rather, she was a Northern evangelical, with an accent that almost made her sound like a Minnesotan.Sarah, You Blew It
April 16, 2009
- a native or inhabitant of Minnesota
- of or relating to Minnesota or its inhabitants
- a state of the N central US: chief US producer of iron ore. Capital: St Paul. Pop: 5 059 375 (2003 est). Area: 218 600 sq km (84 402 sq miles)Abbreviation: Minn, (with zip code) MN
- a river in S Minnesota, flowing southeast and northeast to the Mississippi River near St Paul. Length: 534 km (332 miles)
originally the name of the river, from Dakota (Siouan) mnisota, literally "cloudy water, milky water," from mni "river, stream" + sota "slightly clouded." As the name of a U.S. territory from 1849 (admitted as a state 1858). Related: Minnesotan.