- of, relating to, or characterized by monandry.
- (of a flower) having only one stamen.
- (of a plant) having such flowers.
Origin of monandrous
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for monandrous
We belong, to speak plainly, to a species of animals which nature intends to be monogamous and monandrous.Freeland
- having or preferring only one male sexual partner over a period of time
- (of plants) having flowers with only one stamen
- (of flowers) having only one stamen
C19: from mono- + -androus
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012