- resembling the Mongols.
- Anthropology. (no longer in technical use) of, relating to, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, marked by prominent cheekbones, epicanthic folds about the eyes, and straight black hair, and including the Mongols, Manchus, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Annamese, Siamese, Burmese, Tibetans, and, to some extent, the Eskimos and the American Indians.
- (often lowercase) Pathology. (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) of, affected with, or characteristic of Down syndrome.
- Anthropology. (no longer in technical use) a member of the peoples traditionally classified as the Mongoloid race.
- (usually lowercase) Pathology. (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person affected with Down syndrome.
Origin of Mongoloid
Examples from the Web for mongoloid
Historical Examples of mongoloid
They had, in fact, according to the craniologists, the characteristics of a Mongoloid race.The Hittites
A. H. Sayce
As we have seen, the Mongoloid features are traceable in India.Indian Myth and Legend
Donald Alexander Mackenzie
His eyes were black, with just the faintest hint of a Mongoloid fold.The Caves of Fear
The late Mr. John Gray would ascribe a Mongoloid origin to them.Ulster Folklore
There are Mongoloid race types in the regions where all three come from.Degeneracy
Eugene S. Talbot
- relating to or characterized by Down's syndrome
- a person affected by Down's syndrome
- denoting, relating to, or belonging to one of the supposed racial groups of mankind, including most of the peoples of Asia, the Inuit, and the North American Indians
- a member of this group
- Of or relating to Down syndrome. Not in technical use.
- A person affected with Down syndrome. No longer in technical use. Now considered offensive.