- having one replaceable hydrogen atom or hydroxyl radical.
- capable of reacting with only one equivalent weight of an acid.
- an acid having one replaceable hydrogen atom.
Origin of monoacid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
monacid, monoacidic (ˌmɒnəʊəˈsɪdɪk) or monacidic
- chem (of a base) capable of reacting with only one molecule of a monobasic acid; having only one hydroxide ion per molecule
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- An acid having one replaceable hydrogen atom.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.