- a chromosome having no homologue, especially an unpaired X chromosome.
- a protein-synthetic complex involving the translation of a messenger RNA molecule by a single ribosome.
- a monosomic individual.
Origin of monosome
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- an unpaired chromosome, esp an X-chromosome in an otherwise diploid cell
- A chromosome having no homologue, especially an unpaired X-chromosome.
- A single ribosome, especially one combined with a molecule of mRNA.