- Eli,1765–1825, U.S. manufacturer and inventor.
- John Hay,1904–82, U.S. diplomat and newspaper publisher.
- Josiah Dwight,1819–96, U.S. geologist.
- William Dwight,1827–94, U.S. philologist and lexicographer (brother of Josiah Dwight).
- Mount, a mountain in E California, in the Sierra Nevada. 14,495 feet (4418 meters).
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Mount Whitney a mountain in E California: the highest peak in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and in continental US (excluding Alaska). Height: 4418 m (14 495 ft)
- Eli. 1765–1825, US inventor of a mechanical cotton gin (1793) and pioneer manufacturer of interchangeable parts
- William Dwight. 1827–94, US philologist, noted esp for his Sanskrit Grammar (1879)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Mountain in eastern California.
Highest peak in the United States, excluding Alaska.
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.