- the combined use of several media, as sound and full-motion video in computer applications.
- of, relating to, or involving the use of multimedia.
- having or offering the use of various communications or promotional media: a multimedia corporation that owns TV stations and newspapers.
Origin of multimedia
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the combined use of media such as television, slides, etc, esp in education
- of or relating to the use of a combination of mediamultimedia teaching aids
- computing of or relating to any of various systems which can manipulate data in a variety of forms, such as sound, graphics, or text
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for multi-medial
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper