See more synonyms for voiced on Thesaurus.com Related formsvoic·ed·ness [voi-sid-nis, voist-nis] /ˈvɔɪ sɪd nɪs, ˈvɔɪst nɪs/, nounmul·ti·voiced, adjectivewell-voiced, adjective
- having a voice of a specified kind (usually used in combination): shrill-voiced.
- expressed vocally: his voiced opinion.
- Phonetics. pronounced with glottal vibrations; phonated (contrasted with voiceless): “b,” “v,” and “z” are voiced.
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
British Dictionary definitions for multi-voiced
- declared or expressed by the voice
- (in combination) having a voice as specifiedloud-voiced
- phonetics articulated with accompanying vibration of the vocal cordsin English (b) is a voiced consonant Compare voiceless
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012