- something disgusting or offensive, especially filth or muck.
- to make dirty (often followed by up).
- to spoil, ruin, or destroy (often followed by up).
- to make incremental changes to (a file, system, etc.), eventually ruining or destroying the original.
- to modify (an email address) in an easily reversible way, to avoid spam.
Origin of mung
First recorded in 1945–50; of uncertain origin
- to manipulate (raw data), especially to convert (data) from one format to another: the munging of HTML content.
Origin of munge
of uncertain origin
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- computing slang to process (computer data)
C20: m (ash) u (ntil) n (o) g (ood)