- a condition characterized by the presence of many myxomas.
- myxomatous degeneration.
- Veterinary Pathology. a highly infectious viral disease of rabbits, artificially introduced into Great Britain and Australia to reduce the rabbit population.
Origin of myxomatosis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for myxomatosis
Contemporary Examples of myxomatosis
But Monica had first sight of the poems themselves, along with Myxomatosis, Essential Beauty, Solar, Days, Water, Sad Steps.The Best of Brit Lit
December 3, 2010
- an infectious and usually fatal viral disease of rabbits characterized by swelling of the mucous membranes and formation of skin tumours; transmitted by flea bites
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A condition characterized by the growth of many myxomas.
- A highly infectious, usually fatal disease of rabbits that is caused by a pox virus and is characterized by many skin tumors similar to myxomas.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.