- a subject of the ancient kingdom of Nabataea.
- the Aramaic dialect of the Nabataeans.
- of or relating to the Nabataeans, their kingdom, or their dialect.
Origin of Nabataean
1595–1605; < Latin Nabatae(a) name of kingdom + -an
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for nabataean
Historical Examples of nabataean
He laughed at the little beggars, and then a Nabataean took them to be sold at Clysma to a merchant from Rome.Homo Sum, Complete
- a member of an Arab trading people who flourished southeast of Palestine, around Petra, in the Hellenistic and Roman periods
- the extinct form of Aramaic spoken by this people
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012