- inflammation of the kidneys, especially in Bright's disease.
Origin of nephritis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for nephritic
These substances have proven detrimental to the welfare of a nephritic patient.Dietetics for Nurses
Fairfax T. Proudfit
Do you suffer from any nephritic irritation or from stricture?Social Life in the Insect World
J. H. Fabre
The nephritic test meal carefully worked out by Mosenthal gives much valuable information.Arteriosclerosis and Hypertension:
Louis Marshall Warfield
Amongst the secondary maladies due to lithmia are gout, diabetes, renal calculi, and nephritic colic.
As a stimulant and anodyne friction in nephritic and rheumatic pains, engorgements, &c.Cooley's Practical Receipts, Volume II
- of or relating to the kidneys
- relating to or affected with nephritis
- inflammation of a kidney
Word Origin and History for nephritic
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, or affected with nephritis.
- Acute or chronic inflammation of the kidneys.
- Inflammation of the kidneys.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.