[noo-fee, nyoo-]Chiefly Canadian Slang: Sometimes Disparaging and Offensive.
- Also called Newf. a term used to refer to a native or inhabitant of Newfoundland; Newfoundlander.
- the Canadian province of Newfoundland.
- of or relating to Newfoundland.
Origin of Newfie
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a native or inhabitant of Newfoundland
- the island of Newfoundland
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012